The Cherry Heart Blanket Along


Bring out your Blankets!

Get that old wip out of the cupboard, unearth those buried squares, or get stash diving and start something new.  Whatever you want to work on, old or new, let's make some progress on our blanket projects in March.

In case you haven't heard, I've been talking over the idea of doing an 'along' of some kind to help us all get ourselves going on our blankets.  Cheering each other on, sharing our pretty makes and generally indulging in some blanket goodness together.  I'm so excited that lots of you have said you'd want to join in so I think it's time we officially got started...

: : CHERRY HEART BLANKET ALONG : :

#CHBAL

⬡⬢⬡ 

The rules

1.  Get yourself a blanket project.

 If you already have a blanket started, that's great, bring it along.
If you want to start a new blanket, that's great too, come share your plans.
It can be a crochet or a knitted blanket, any blanket is welcome.
If you want to join me in making a Weekender Blanket you can.  (Weekender Blanket Details here.)
It does not have to be a 'Cherry Heart' blanket.  Really, any blanket is welcome!

2.  Make some progress on it.

The aim of this is to make progress of some kind, no matter how small, on our projects.
You don't need to finish.
You can work on a long-term project that you don't plan to finish this month.
You can work on a small project and complete it if you want to.
The aim is just to have something slightly bigger than you started with!

⬡⬢⬡ 

Join in the fun

None of these are requirements, just ways you can join in and hopefully keep inspired and motivated as you get that blanket moving..

1.  Join the #CHBAL (Cherry Heart Blanket Along) thread on Ravelry
We can discuss our plans, talk colours, share progress etc, etc..

2.  Post pics of your progress on Instagram with the tag #CHBAL
Let's inspire each other with our pretty blankets.

⬡⬢⬡ 

Win Prizes!

Near the end of the month I'll open a new thread on Ravelry and you'll be able to post pictures.  It doesn't have to be a completed blanket, just a picture of your progress this month.

We'll vote on each other's blankets by smooshing the 'love' button on all the blankets we love and the pic with the most votes will win a prize!

First prize
A free Cherry Heart Pattern
2 balls of some lovely squishy soft yarn
A few other pretty little bits and bobs

More Prizes
There will also be a free Cherry Heart pattern for the 4 runners up

⬡⬢⬡


So that's it!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all your lovely makes and sharing our progress together.

Here's the links again for you:

Cherry Heart Blanket Along Thread on Ravelry

And don't forget the #CHBAL tag on Instagram




S x




SUBSCRIBE:

   



Comments

  1. ooh, very tempted by this. What a grand idea. Getting my thinking cap on as to whether I can fit this in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been rescued from the bottom of the bag, hook found and I am ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in - I just started working on blocks to make the Sampler Blanket

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm joining in this definitely. I don't know if I will make it on to ravelry much but will update via instagramme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told everyone about the BAL on my blog the other day and this morning I ordered all the colors of Stylecraft I didn't have yet except for a few I didn't care for and a few they were out of. It looks like they have 53 colors now. I thought they had 68? Plus, it is free shipping at Deramores to anywhere but the 15% is a coupon if you sign up for their newsletter...which I did! LOL! I'm excited and it motivates me to finish off my current blanket WIP but I am still starting yours tomorrow as it is the "Weekender" and it will be the "Weekend". Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall look forward to seeing what everyone is working on. No doubt there will be plenty of inspiration. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so tempted! I am fairly close to finishing the one I am on (my first) so I could 'cheat' and use that one or I could start a new different one? Decisions Decisions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Daughter's birthday this weekend, then finish a small blanket / shawl for my Mum's birthday, then I can finally crack on with a blanket for ME! I bought the yarn last year. I don't think it will win any prizes, but it's to go with our living room colours. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I so w ant to join in...I have never made a blanket as I never have large chunks of crochet time but I think I may just go for it as I have a few idea's in my head! I love your blog Sandra and the beautiful thngs you make. I have just found out how to leave comment - yippee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in! This could be the kick I need to actually finish my Crochet Mood Blanket 2014, which is now turning into 2015...;-) See you over at Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a WIP on my hook since October. It still lacks about 4 skeins (cali king never ending granny). I am totally going to join in. I have a ravelry account but I will prob post with the # on Instagram. This is a great idea to get us motivated to crochet, finish and share. Count me in! Thanks so much! I always follow and share. I follow with Bloglovin, and love every minute of your blog. Your work is gorgeous. Thanks for hosting :-)
    ~Crystal
    Crochet A Day In The Life
    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo.. that sounds fun. I have a blanket part made that ive kinda lost steam on so this might just be the kickstart I nedd! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely idea! I'm not on instagram, and probably won't officially join in, but I will be granny striping away in sisterhood and wish everybody well on their blankets this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I promised my "extra" son that I'd make him a blanket and I've put it off long enough! Have yarn, will travel (iow - I'm in).

    ReplyDelete
  15. looking forward to having this to motivate me!! Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter happened to see the picture of all your beautiful blankets this morning and she gasped! They are so lovely! I wish I could join the Blanket along, but have too many other projects going on now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yesterday I wove in about 32 ends while watching Salmon Fishing in Yemen (great movie!). Today I'm working on rows while watching Downton Abbey. I will finish this blanket! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in! Just finishing off a knitted and crocheted granny square blanket and then I'll choose my next ... Tempted by a ripple of an African flower ,.. Decisions, decisions!! X progress so far at www.toadstooltales.wordpress.com thanks Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh I've just joined up! My first crochet along! :)

    http://inpursuitoftheworthwhile.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  20. So inspiring to see everyone's projects ! All so amazing ! I'm already looking fiward to start another balnket when I'm done with one I'm working now ! Sandra thank you so much for sharing my project photo , it's an honor :))
    Emilia

    ReplyDelete